|
|
|
Forums39
Topics41,953
Posts342,066
Members27,640
| |
Most Online5,009 Jul 27th, 2026
|
|
Posts: 2,533
Joined: July 2011
|
|
|
7 members (charlie, jbutah, CarolinaSailor, Rumlover, Lucyann, KDE12603, 1 invisible),
396
guests, and
71
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 72
Traveler
|
OP
Traveler
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 72 |
It's only about 10 miles from Compass Point Marina to Maho. I motored because 4 of my 8 crew had never been on a sailboat or catamaran before. I wanted a fast and easy first day after a long day of travel the day before. The next day on the east and south side of STJ I raised the mainsail and genoa and some of the crew got sea sick for a little while. You are correct about the sailing in BVI vs USVI. I saw several boats with just the headsail out.
cwoody - My understanding is they are partnered with VIYC or "teamed up." I was told they have around 100 more boats at compass point marina than they did in December. Hyperbole? I don't know. I was also told they cannot find employees to work there. Seems to be a norm these days
|
|
|
.
|
|
|
Entire Thread
|
USVI only, Boareboat Trip report - 6/12/2021-6/19/2021
|
cajunscuba
|
06/22/2021 08:17 PM
|
Re: USVI only, Boareboat Trip report - 6/12/2021-6/19/2021
|
MIDiver
|
06/22/2021 09:24 PM
|
Re: USVI only, Boareboat Trip report - 6/12/2021-6/19/2021
|
LocalSailor
|
06/22/2021 11:30 PM
|
Re: USVI only, Boareboat Trip report - 6/12/2021-6/19/2021
|
cajunscuba
|
06/23/2021 11:22 AM
|
Re: USVI only, Boareboat Trip report - 6/12/2021-6/19/2021
|
cwoody
|
06/23/2021 02:01 PM
|
Re: USVI only, Boareboat Trip report - 6/12/2021-6/19/2021
|
RickG
|
06/23/2021 12:37 PM
|
Re: USVI only, Boareboat Trip report - 6/12/2021-6/19/2021
|
dlatin
|
06/23/2021 05:56 PM
|
Re: USVI only, Boareboat Trip report - 6/12/2021-6/19/2021
|
cajunscuba
|
06/23/2021 08:46 PM
|
Re: USVI only, Boareboat Trip report - 6/12/2021-6/19/2021
|
BEERMAN
|
06/23/2021 08:59 PM
|
Re: USVI only, Boareboat Trip report - 6/12/2021-6/19/2021
|
jphart
|
06/24/2021 02:34 AM
|
Re: USVI only, Boareboat Trip report - 6/12/2021-6/19/2021
|
cajunscuba
|
06/24/2021 11:13 AM
|
Re: USVI only, Boareboat Trip report - 6/12/2021-6/19/2021
|
BEERMAN
|
06/24/2021 01:44 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|