Originally Posted by caribbeangirl13
It's funny, at first I was thinking that this was great news...one less hurdle to jump over but now, I'm thinking it is just going to make me more stressed because I won't know if I've done everything correctly until I arrive. For example, someone posted that they were approved through the portal using the Binax Now eMed test so we were thinking of using that for entry. Also, wondering if we need insurance now. Last time we used our Blue Cross/Shield insurance but this time we are also traveling with friends who will use a different insurance...don't know if it is the right insurance until we get there. See where I am going with this? At least with the portal, I knew I did everything right when I got my approval.

Based on the interview that is being quoted, it sounds like insurance is no longer a requirement for vaccinated travelers. They are trying to simplify the process to 2 simple steps; 1. travel with a negative test result within 5 days of arrival, 2. take a 2nd rapid antigen test ($50) at arrival port.

Hopefully we'll see an official release soon instead of a casual comment in a radio interview.

If you show up with an eMed test and they don't accept it I don't think it will be an issue. You are demonstrating you tested in good faith and they are retesting you anyway. Don't stress about that. Also, my BinaxNow eMed test was accepted yesterday in the portal and will be inspected on Saturday. I will update if there's an issue.

JasonHelmbrecht
Coconut Breeze Villas
Cane Garden Bay
reservations@coconutbreezevillas.com
www.coconutbreezevillas.com