Originally Posted by crmoores
Originally Posted by JasonHelmbrecht
Originally Posted by crmoores
Don’t you use travel insurance anyway? Or do some folks actually have private health insurance (at home) that covers them internationally, but without COVID-19 coverage?

Almost all of our guests last year used a letter from BCBS that indicated their home insurance covers them internationally. No mention of COVID, evacuation, or quarantine coverage.

Ok, thanks, I wondered what folks were using. I know some use MedJet for the extraordinary medivac coverage…
Our home (US) insurance is Secondary coverage when traveling internationally. So we use a trip insurance policy with Primary medical/medivac coverage, and that provides coverage in the event we test positive (asymptomatically) and must do the mandatory quarantine.

I carry a MedJet policy for extreme situations but depend on my US policy to cover BVI expense. I'd have to pay out of pocket and submit a claim but it should cover me in the end. In general, BVI medical costs are pretty low so I'm comfortable paying out of pocket and asking for reimbursement.

JasonHelmbrecht
Coconut Breeze Villas
Cane Garden Bay
reservations@coconutbreezevillas.com
www.coconutbreezevillas.com