There are some things that I have a tendency to forget, until I get to SXM. These are some of them, in no particular order...

**** I LOATHE Billy Folly Road!! OK, perhaps it has something to do with wishing for better shocks on the rental vehicle, but SERIOUSLY!! Billy Folly Road could make a lot of money being a body double for the surface of the moon.

***** There is a sign going down BFR that says "BUMP"... Which one????????? duh

***** Mark's Place serves a LOTTA, LOTTA food! Look at the size of this plate!

[Linked Image]

***** Mark's food has a LOTTA, LOTTA, LOTTA GARLIC!! We had leftovers from dinner last night that we put in the fridge, and it is stinking up our fridge, with the smell of garlic!! But, their garlic bread is da BOMB.

****** 9:30 AM on a Sunday morning is a good time to go to Marigot. Actually, 9:30 AM on a Sunday morning is a good time to go ANYWHERE, if you don't want to deal with traffic.

***** People on mopeds will go around you anywhere, to get ten feet ahead--even if they just come to a complete halt after 10 feet. (Sorry, no, no one who has ever been to SXM will forget that!!)

***** It can be October, but traffic will still be backed up stopped in Simpson Bay, for no apparent reason.

***** It doesn't matter what type of bread you buy. If you don't keep it in the fridge, in four days it WILL be moldy.

****** Market Garden's prices are a rip-off... Now, we KNEW that for years. But here's a case in point. We bought this mustard at Super U in Marigot, for $1.61, paying cash at $1.15 per 1 Euro. [Linked Image]

At Market Garden, the SAME mustard was $4.33. And NO, that is not guilders. I went back and looked, just to make sure.

***** Saba is a shy lady. If you see her, take her picture to remember what she looks like, as you may not see her again.

[Linked Image]

***** Don't bother to buy quiche at Zee Best, as they are the WORST! grin Seriously, quiche from Le Suciere is the BEST!

[Linked Image]

So, what are the things you forget, until you are on island??

Carol Hill