I would have to respectfully disagree with sail2wind and sail445. We were lucky enough to live on the beautiful island of PR for the first two years of our marriage and found the people and place enchanting.

I would recommend you look to the NW corner of the island. Jobos Beach, Survival, Borinquen, and Crashboat are amazing places to enjoy the water. They are for the most part undeveloped and undiscovered by tourism. And of course I am into pictures so I will have to justify my statement with a few.

[Linked Image]

Not the pretty blue and white sand, but still amazing.

Over recent years, I would have to admit that the island has issues that have given it a bad name, and they have been discussed in a plethora of threads, but there is something very special about this island.

A villa or hotel in Agaudilla or Isbela will give you access to amazing beaches, coffee plantations in the mountains, the small town of Moca which is world renown for handmade lace where little old ladies invite you into their homes to look at their work,

[Linked Image]

and some of the best road side eating you have ever done in your life. A few short miles away is also the town of Rincon for the serious surfer and great photo ops.

And I would remiss not to tell you to save a couple days and head to the rain forest. The sounds of nature and the views will blow you away. Can you imagine going to sleep hearing the rain and tree frogs all night long and wake up to see the jungle. Amazing!

[Linked Image]

Or take a hike and cool off in a pool of water running down the side of a mountain.

[Linked Image]

Puerto Rico has so much to offer besides San Juan and the East Coast of over development.
St John is our favorite place, but PR is definitely worth exploring… as long as you are willing to leave San Juan. But I am not a city kinda of guy.

“Every time I open a bottle of wine, it is an amazing trip somewhere!” José Andrés