I just returned from a trip to take some first-time visitors to Grand Case via Philipsburg and the windward side. We got a roadblock by hoodied kids on mopeds at the Dutch-French border; they first wanted money from us and I told them "no", then they wanted money for "food and drink" and I asked they "why" and after they told me "because of COVID and such" I told them "no" and they refused to let us through. I headed back and took the road along Oyster Pond (which I didn't know was still destroyed from Irma) but after rejoining the main road we passed some partial roadblocks in the Orleans Quarter there was a major one close to the butterfly farm which had burning tires and debris block the road. We returned the way we came and ended up at Pineapple Pete's and even there the effects were felt as they didn't have my selected meal because the daily delivery came from the French side and was blocked.

Who knows what they are ostensibly protesting against, the persons on the streets are just hooligans looking to make some money with those using "R"ental cars.

[Linked Image]