Originally Posted by CottageGirl
Email from Dolphin re: cost:
"Here, we will collect the per person customs and processing fees in cash of $65pp for arrival AND $45pp (if you have a round trip with us, $110pp x # of guests)"
Plus the $169/pp

Hoping someone will chime in on appropriate tip for water taxi captain & crew

I'm not sure if this was appropriate or not, but we tipped $150 to the captain who brought 5 of us from Moorings to Red Hook in July. I don't recall the cost of the water taxi trip itself because at that time it was fly to BVI boat back to Red Hook, but I would guess it was close to the above figures. We tipped heavy because the captain did a great job both with the boat (in pretty rough seas) and getting us through customs. It was also a very slow time for all involved so our overall philosophy on the trip was to tip heavy for good service.

One thing we didn't do, and really regret not doing, is not tipping the dock crew in Red Hook. They had our boat unloaded and in the taxi before we all made it up the dock. It was so quick that we were driving away before I even thought about the fact that we should have tipped such great dock service.

Louis from Houston