Well it's me again, seems like I'm sort of hogging this forum. Oh well, maybe I can inspire a few more posters.

We're back to Blind Creek naturist beach on beautiful Hutchinson Island near Jensen Beach/ Port St. Lucie/Ft. Pierce, FL for another month. This trip is a repeat of last year's stay in a condo (found on Airbnb) just 3 miles south of the beach. After a stretch of rainy weather we've finally had a few nice bright sunny days, albeit a bit cool. Since we brought our windscreen, we are nice and toasty for the most part.

The King tides and waves have done a number on some beaches in western FL (wiped out a section of Playalinda we hear) and Blind Creek is one of them. At the main south beach parking area, the beach area at high tide is very narrow, about 15 ft from the dunes to a 2-3 ft cliff down to the wet sand. Made things really crowded there on the weekend. BUT we avoided all that by going to the north, boat launch parking area, 1 mile north of the main parking area, and hanging out on the beach there. Uncrowded and plenty of wide beach in that stretch. It's almost as if the beach sand has shifted north for some reason. Anyway, we've enjoyed several days of bright sunshine, mild breezes and 70F-75F temps. The regulars say that the erosion at the main beach is temporary and it was fine all summer.

For dining we've discovered the Piehole Pizza place just a few miles north of the beach toward Ft. Pierce. Great pizza and other Italian dishes plus nice selection of draft beers, all at reasonable prices. It was really busy Friday night with phone orders so we had a bit of a wait then but otherwise the service has been excellent and we've had no trouble securing a table on their screened in patio deck. There are also lots of good restaurants farther north in Ft. Pierce as well as south in Jensen Beach and Stuart. We hope to be checking them out when (if?) we tire of the Piehole.

Last edited by ChuckG; 11/29/2021 07:43 AM.

Chuck and Joni