Yes, we're in the same boat. I believe we are on the same WestJet flight down on January 13th. Our refundable period just expired, unless either Sint Maarten or Canada shuts down air travel. Since we are staying for 5 weeks we would take a big hit, so I guess we now consider ourselves committed!

The Canadian government hasn't provided a lot of details on the type of arrival test. I believe the current random tests on arrival for non-Canadians are rapid tests. I have no idea how they would process regular PCR tests for everyone, without hiring massive numbers of staff, and that is not likely to happen. About the only "good" thing, if I can even call it that, is that the tests are at their expense.

The quarantine info about what you can and can't do, until you receive a negative test result, are also a bit lacking in detail. We normally spend the night before departure, as well as our night of return back in Toronto, at the Sheraton Gateway. If we have to isolate in the hotel room on our return, then we will likely just cancel that stay and head straight home. At least at home we can isolate much more easily and in more comfort!

We still have 6 weeks, so I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that they will back off a bit and this is just a bit of an overreaction. We were so pleased when SXM eliminated the pre-arrival Covid test for those fully vaccinated. Hopefully that doesn't change either! Quite frankly, we feel much the same as you. Between all the new testing and potential quarantine hassles, plus the unrest on the French side, we would likely consider not coming after all.

P.S. - I sent you a PM.

Last edited by CanuckTravlr; 12/01/2021 11:47 PM.