Thanks all who've replied. A little more about us. We want to sell most of what we have anyway and live a simpler life. The house will probably get rented at first. At least until we know its right to be there. The company is very stable and they've been on the island since the 1980's. I start the first round of conversations with them next week so I'm not sure of compensation level yet. It should be fairly decent since it is an upper management position. I'm hoping to hear from people who've made the move themselves that can possibly offer some insight to how it actually is to live and work there. What should my main concerns be? Are there any areas to avoid if I have to find my own housing? Are long term leases/rentals hard to find? If we don't end up moving there, we will probably continue to live and work here in the US for another 5 years and retire to an island anyway. This just sounds like a nice transition to that retired island lifestyle. Again, thanks for any and all replies.