Decided on a last minute 1/2 day sail on No 1 SXM. Very nice day, plenty of wind for a true sailing experience and a very nice lunch onboard with a good group of 13 people. The owners do a great job. A little down time to relax back at Atrium and then dinner with Bill and Mort at Astra. Beef tenderloin, stuffed grouper and beef short ribs were the choices and a couple of drinks each. All enjoyed their food and mort has half of her steak left as it is shown as a 10 oz portion and appeared to be that. My short ribs were very good, somewhat a small serving with a rich sauce, garlic mashed potatoes and a small salad on the plate. I found some of their pricing to be decent and some out of line. The catch of the day, which was a choice of 4-5 different fish, was $32 while the short ribs and tenderloin were in the mid-$30 range as well. I would have expected a higher price for the tenderloin, slightly less for the short ribs and even less than the $32 for fish.

Service charge of 15% was included. We asked for it to be taken off and we would tip in cash but were told it could not be done that way, even though it had been done at lunch the other day. The place is nicely arranged, service by Malena (formerly from Driftwood and a restaurant on the Boardwalk) was good and I would return. Sadly, they were not busy while other places we passed (including Lee's) were very busy. Astra has a connection to Avantika and I wish them well.

Off to Royal Islander to meet some friends at Tortuga. Got parking in the alley near the pharmacy, only 4-5 cars from the road, and met Kevin, Sheila, Kim and Joan for a couple of drinks and renewing friendships. Kevin leaves today so it was good to catch him. Several of us were where in 2020 and had to scramble to get home.

A pretty heavy rain for the past hour this morning, hopefully it clears as Mullet Bay is calling,

J.D.