Originally Posted by GeorgeC1
It happens, I have not noticed it recently but did have a interesting experience picking up a ball at Great dog. Arrived and dropped the sails to pull in and grab the furthest inside ball which was open. A monohull came around the corner from the NE going fast and decided he wanted the ball we were moving slowly toward because of snorkelers in the water. He blew in to try a downwind pickup and ace us out. I did a 180 to move to a outside open ball rather than fight about it. He blew past the ball he was trying for and got close to the rocks. He backed down hard and tried to pickup the ball 90 degrees to the wind and realized the pennant was missing. Now does a hard 180 around swimmers and races out to grab the outside ball we are approaching slowly into the wind. We are about 50 feet away when he does the max reverse 90 degrees to the wind pickup attempt. At this point we move to yet a third ball. He managed to finally get tied off to the second ball and seemed very pleased with himself! I was considering taking the dinghy over for a conversation but it was a nice day so let it go.
G

Nice form George! Let Karma deal with these folks!