One thing that has changed since Irma is that Roxxy has opened up almost next door. If you are standing looking at the ocean, it is to the left of RP. Some people have complained about very loud music from there, late at night, either from Roxxy, or the kind of 'lolos' which are right on Welfare Road, just before the entrance to Royal Palm. Others have stated they didn't hear anything, so not sure about that. For that reason, I would for sure try to avoid the side of the resort closest to Roxxy.

As far as the restaurant, I believe it is still the same folks who owned the restaurant before, which is horrible news for people who stay at RP. Incompetent, horrible food, bad staff. Yuck. They closed the bar which was over top of the entrance, with the view of the bridge, and it is now the sales office, which seriously sucks. That bar wasn't open much, but it was a great place to get a drink, if it was open. As far as the beach, I thought the beach was fine before. It is a man-made beach, so the sand is very coarse, but there are a lot of shade huts out there. Of course, the biggest problem with the beach at RP is the quality of the water in the bay there, due to runoff from boats and from land. That of course hasn't changed. I personally would NEVER get in the water in front of RP. I haven't seen inside of any of the rooms, but they were totally re-done after Irma. Same kind of lame decor which doesn't look anything like the Caribbean, but clean and new anyway. And of course every room still has full ocean view, which is unusual for a timeshare in SXM.

When all is said and done, still probably the best location in Simpson Bay for walking to a bunch of different restaurants.

Carol Hill