It would be hard to top yesterday but we’re gonna’ give it our best shot.

And speaking of yesterday…… We had a pleasant breakfast at El Zafiro - nothing special beyond fresh squeezed oj with bacon and eggs served in a lovely setting, but oh, so very convenient when staying here. We enjoyed our pool much of the day until it was cocktail hour at which point we made our piña coladas and lazed around and watched the world go by from the vantage point of our lanai (porch, patio, deck or whatever you want to call it) while we contemplated the issues involved with going home on Thursday.

Next year, assuming we make the trip here (and we have every reason to think we will…..) it will mark fifty years since our first visit in 1973 with a return at least once a year for every one of those many years since. If we missed a year along the way I don’t remember it and so many years we’ve made multiple trips. So it seems to me if there’s anything we wanted to see or do we’ve already seen or done it, right? Activities? Other island visits? Places to see and people to meet? You’d think that would have been the case.

Wrong!

Yesterday evening we met Kim and Ken at Dany’s Cupecoy Bar for a sundowner and what we had hoped would be a beautiful sunset. Well, that latter didn’t happen since the sunset itself was lost in the clouds but the colors were lovely and the company? Excellent!! We reconnected with people we met years ago and enjoyed reminiscing over St. Maarten as we first knew her and about the changes we’ve all seen. And the thing is, I think this was our first ever visit to Dany’s ever. How’d we manage to miss it?

Headed home at closing and tried to decide on a dinner venue but we were unable to reach a decision. So many places - so hard to decide - so in the end we stayed in and grazed on the contents of our kitchen. Hard to believe tuna salad on a baguette could taste so good. But it did……

Another SXM day well spent and thoroughly enjoyed.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."