The National Park has kept the beaches on the North Shore mostly pristine, but that means dining options are few. There's a restaurant at Cinnamon Bay, but you'll want to call for summer hours - (340) 776-6330. Trunk Bay has a snack bar. Caneel Bay and Cruz Bay are accessible from the rolly Caneel Bay anchorage (ferry wakes). Caneel has multiple restaurants, but they usually shutdown at the end of August - 855-226-3358. Caneel may ask you to put out a stern anchor on your dinghy. Cruz Bay has a ton of options, but you pretty much need to grab a mooring at Caneel Bay and dinghy over.

I've gotten a bit bitchy about overnighting at Caneel with the ferry wakes starting before dawn. Cruz Bay is a great night out.

Chocolate Hole is open for anchoring, last I checked. No amenities. It's possible to dinghy around to the Westin on Great Cruz Bay.

Other fun spots are the moorings at Little Lameshure and Salt Pond on the south side. No amenities, unless you're in the mood for a hike. Coral Bay has some good options that are open in the summer. Someone else will have to speak to anchoring in Coral Bay.

Another spot we love is Hansen Bay on East End, just outside of the National Park ending at Haulover Bay. Vie's may be open for a bit - 340-693-5033.

Marine radio is not generally monitored by STJ establishments. Maybe by the Caneel Bay dock.

Renting a car on STJ is straight forward in Cruz Bay. We've rented from Conrad Sutton for 10+ years - (340) 776-6479. St. John Car Rentals and Courtesy are other options. I'd ask about dropoff/pickup for Maho Bay.

Cheers, RickG

Last edited by RickG; 07/21/2014 04:48 PM.

S/V Echoes, 2003 Beneteau 423
Grenada