I have done the Grenadines 3 times and am planning a 4th trip for the fall of 2015. In 2005 and 2007, we did Moorings one-ways from St Lucia (then based in Marigot Bay) to Canouan, with stops in Bequia, Mustique, Tobago Cays and Mayreau. One trip in April and the other in September, and both were great. Our 2009 trip, Canouan to Canouan in late December, was a disaster. I learned about the Christmas Winds. 8' to 10' seas, and never got past the north end of Canouan. Never again! All were 6-7 day trips.

Moorings has now moved its St Lucia base to Rodney Bay, a very long way from the airport, and has closed its Canouan base. We are therefore looking at a Grenada to Grenada round trip to all of the usual places, hoping to take advantage of the southeast fall winds.

Given the time of year you are looking at, I would support the one-way plan. 10 days will give you plenty of time, if you want to do the round trip, but sailing back north may be problematic. As you get further into your planning, let me know (here or by PM) and I can tell you about what I consider to be the highlights on Bequia, Mustique, Tobago Cays, Mayreau, etc..

Mark