So, Friday was our first full day here. I got up way early for me, 6 AM. Had some coffee, just enjoyed some quiet time. Eric eventually got up and we headed out to Super U in Marigot for a serious wine run, plus some other items that we had missed the day before. We also bought some wine glasses, as we have the past few times. While I always say that Beachside Villas lacks for nothing, I despise their "jelly jar" wine glasses. Super U was 1 to 1 for either cash or credit card, although I think Eric messed up and paid with a card that charges a foreign transaction fee! duh

There was very little traffic in Marigot on the way to the store, but it was the typical Marigot madness as we left. They were doing what looked to be sewer work at the corner which always seems to be the source of many kamikaze moments there, so that contributed to it, I suspect. In the (so far) futile search for mint, we decided to try the Carrefour by the Causeway. We picked up a couple of items there, but no mint. We looked at Etna ice cream and where shocked by the $9 price tag for a very SMALL container, so ended up with this stuff, for half the cost.

[Linked Image]

Oddly enough, we couldn't find any CROISSANTS at the Super U in Marigot or at Carrefour. Weird. I was too lazy to walk over to the An Pain there outside the Super U, as I figured we were going to Carrefour anyway.

So, onward and upward! We stopped by the Maho Market, in the continuing search for mint. I asked a lady who was mopping the floor laugh if they carried mint. She dropped her mop and went over and searched the top shelf through all the herbs they had, no mint. Neither one of us were tall enough to see what was in the packages, so she took down each one and looked at the label. No mint, but I thanked her for her help.

So, shopping finally done, it was time to head back to BSV and unload and unwind. As we were unloading our groceries, Mrs. SXMFox came up and said hi. After we got our stuff put away, I went by their room, but the door was closed. Emmanuel happened to be standing there and I asked if he knew where they were. He said they were by the pool. Everyone here is so helpful! So, I headed out the the gazebo and we spent an hour or so shooting the breeze and enjoying the lovely views and the breezes, interrupted occasionally by the roar of a jet plane. smile

[Linked Image]

Soon it was time for them to head out to the airport and we wished them bon voyage. I wish they had been here longer, as they are a lovely couple to talk to. So great to meet you guys!! handshake

It was gone 1 PM by this time, and time for some sustenance! We cooked burgers on the grill for lunch

[Linked Image]

and settled down for the rest of the day 'at home'. I read my book, in my comfy chair by the door and Eric hung out and did not much of anything. A little before 5, I heard a plane revving up and suspected it was SXMFox's plane and so I ran out and snapped a couple pics and said goodbye. This one is the best of a bad lot.

[Linked Image]

Several glasses of wine were consumed and then it was time to eat our lamb chops that we had purchased at Super U.

[Linked Image]

Dinner was over around 8. After dinner, we spent a couple of hours just sitting on the porch, listening to the waves and chilling and drinking a couple more glasses of wine. After a while we tried that ice cream. OMG!! This is the best ice cream I've ever had!! And then off to bed.

God, I love this place!!

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Carol_Hill; 06/11/2022 10:27 AM.

Carol Hill