|
|
|
Forums39
Topics41,952
Posts342,029
Members27,640
| |
Most Online5,009 Jul 27th, 2026
|
|
Posts: 232
Joined: January 2005
|
|
|
21 members (Bob O, oeastcoast, DBESXM, Beachguy1963, Rumlover, CaribbeanCanadians, caribmichael, tomp, SXMNAN, ncboater, BeckyMac, JAE, beachgirl1957, Stashu11, 7 invisible),
433
guests, and
228
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 167 Likes: 1
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 167 Likes: 1 |
As a kid I lived in the Falkland Islands and I remember several pilot whale beachings on the large sand beach nearby. Maybe shelving sand beaches are hard for them? Anyhow I also recall that it is very difficult to get the survivors to head out to sea even if they still seem healthy. This despite vigorous efforts by the people living nearby. It was always a sad day to see them.
|
|
|
.
|
|
|
|
|
|