Originally Posted by dolfer
So after years of trying we finally figured out a way to pay our way out of them (costly). As a bonus we received five years of RCI Points which concludes Feb 2023. We too will be using many of this years points for two weeks (end of Oct / beginning of November). My wife and I both believe that the world would be a better place without TS.

So it sounds like you had a weeks and then went to points? Just curious how costly or how much of a loss was it to get rid of your weeks.? To be honest we’re not unhappy with RCI points. We either use our Saint Martin room or trade it for skiing. My only gripe is that since the situation with the supposed cancellation of our points from the resort, no one knows why, and since then trying to find a helpful person at the resort has been atrocious.

Now that the situation is resolved, here we are trying to attempt to give the resort additional business by possibly upgrading to a bed two bedroom and yet it’s like they really could care less.

Originally Posted by EdB
Our fixed weeks have been a blessing for us. We know exactly when we will be there, plan well in advance, and see our ''second family" there every year. Where else can one go, know exactly whaere they will be situated, have OCEAN FRONT rooms, and all for a little over 120 day. Also, the staff is fantastic.

EdB, I am right there with you. The staff is great except when you’re dealing with the office. Although I don’t know how it cost you a 120 a day. I’m guessing that’s 1990s prices for a studio or a one bedroom? Yes I loved RI Specifically because I know that after a nonstop flight from New York I could literally be in my room in 20 minutes @ The Driftwood bar three minutes later.

So at this point if the resort representative doesn’t want my money, will find other businesses on the island that value our business. Such a shame.