LOVE the Grenadines. Very different from the BVI, as others have said, but you can still get great beach bars and where there are no beach bars you get uncrowded paradise. You can also get lots of fresh seafood which isn't as abundant in the BVIs. Don't be afraid of the boat boys as they can be very handy. We have bought delicious fish, lobster and freshly made banana bread from the boat boys along with ice and garbage disposal. Always greet them politely (a good morning, afternoon, etc. is the norm) and if you don't need anything tell them "no thank you" and they will usually leave you alone. My recommendation is to start in St. Vincent and follow the chain down to Grenada and have the boat brought back up after you fly away home. Must stops are: Bequia (great character and they still make wooden boats on the beach there) Tobago Keys (stay for 2 nights and do a lobster dinner on the beach one night). Petit St. Vincent (my favorite island as a kid), St. George's on Grenada (do not miss Grenada) and dock at Port Louis Marina where you can dingy into town (have a roti at the Nutmeg) and visit Grand Anse beach. Great Beach Bars: Frangipani, Bequia; Happy Island Bar, Clifton, Union Island; Lazy Turtle, Tyrell Bay, Carriacou, etc. Have fun! Trying to get my family back to the Grenadines next year. They just love the BVI too much as it appeals to the social lives of the college kids, nephews and nieces.

Sue
s/v Ripple
Leopard 40

[Linked Image]