We arrived Saturday, October 22nd on Delta. DCA-JFK-SXM. Realized later that Louise and David were on our plane. We also ran into them everywhere for the first week…lol. Maho Market, Spaghetti House, and then right next to them on Mullet Beach one day. No way to have known that, as the chairs only had towels on them when we arrived. Half an hour later, who walks up? Such a small world on such a crowded beach!

After landing and getting our car from Lesley with Kenny’s car rentals, we were off to check in at Rainbow Beach Club. Renting from an owner through Jennifer’s Vacation Villas. Dropped luggage and hit Driftwood for pizza and a few (ok, three) Driftwood Punches. Maho Market for initial supplies even though they had stocked our fridge with eggs, milk, butter, a six-pack of Heiny, a six-pack of Coke, a bottle of red wine, coffee, and Pringles. We wanted salad ingredients. Also got some things from the great new “organic” market and meeting/gathering place here in Cupecoy. I believe it is in the old Temptation building?

Sunday was lazy. Spent a lot of time at Dany’s in Cupecoy. Great chatting with other people in the bar. Hubby had grilled snapper and I had grilled chicken. Dany’s mom makes great rum punches!

[Linked Image]

Monday, we headed out to Orient and parked ourselves at Orange Fever. We love it there, and JC is the best asset they have. Hubby had calamari and then chicken & shrimp creole with rice, and I had beef carpaccio with artichoke hearts. I was in heaven. Their former chef that passed away in June would always let me add artichokes to my Regina pizza. We had drinks, wine, and of course the complimentary rum shots at the end. We also took home a pizza for dinner (with artichokes). After dinner, we crashed the aforementioned HOA meeting, as written in my first post about this trip. We are now famous around the property! Lol

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

More later! Meow.

"It is good to do nothing all day, and then to rest" wink