I truly didn’t want this story to end. I have lived vicariously through your Italian journey until we do our own again in May! Every photo was beyond amazing. Varenna is where we ‘camped out’ during our 2019 visit. It’s a lovely little town with lots of hiking trails (which we didn’t do last time, but will attempt in May), a lovely little church, and very friendly people. Defintely worth a visit landside. We rented an Airbnb in 2019, and are doing so again in May (though a different one this time). Our 2019 visit (our first time in Italy) brought us to Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, and Lake Como - then we ventured up into Switzerland and Lake Lucerne. Our upcoming May 2023 trip will find us repeating a visit to Florence and Lake Como, and adding on Milano and Bologna - with several day trips outside of these areas. If I could choose a paradise, it would be Lake Como. I love your idea of renting a small motor boat. We live on a fairly large lake here in Tennessee and have a boat, so we are experienced enough with the water to attempt a rental.

Your postings were very much appreciated and thoroughly enjoyed. You have a lovely family. Until the next time.....

Robin & Ed

One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things. - Henry Miller