taraavo--the biggest problem I have had with Karakter is that they jam their chairs too close together, or at least they did the last time I was there. Their food used to be the best on the beach in Simpson Bay, by far. The quality has fallen since the original owners left the island for Curacao, but I still think it has some of the best food on the beach. There USED to be a big problem with parking at Karakter, but I understand they have some kind of a valet parking system now, so that sounds like an improvement.

I like the vibe at Mary's Boon a lot, as it just feels like a classic Caribbean beach. I have found their food there to be kind of hit and miss though. But their chairs are usually spaced nicely.

Even if we go somewhere to the beach for the day, except at Mullet, we DON'T eat lunch at our chairs. I prefer my meal NOT mixed with sand. So, we go up to the restaurant to eat, which you can do at Karakter and at Mary's Boon. Something that is somewhat important to me, and probably not most folks, is that we generally drink wine with lunch and I cannot abide drinking wine in a plastic glass. As I said earlier in this thread, the food at Buck was quite good, but I had to whine and moan to the waiter there, before I was able to get a glass glass to drink my wine in. The service was quite good at Buck, but I like a glass wine glass. Your mileage may vary.

Carol Hill