I had so forgotten those steps doh Thanks for the memory EllenS! I went back and looked at my blog from 2011 when I was working near there.

Excerpt from April 11, 2011 blog

To my surprise... At last a sign in English! Yes, I am going to walk the steps, not take the 1.50 Euro bus. 10 yards to left of the sign I found the steps for my advertised 15 minute walk, and I began to climb.

After about 50 steps I realized that this is not the path mentioned on the sign. The light came on when I met a local man shaking his head. I turned 180 degrees and back down where I had begun to begin my search of the RIGHT steps.

So I followed the path and found the 365 steps and up I went. A little bit slower than the boy in front of me, but remember I had already had done 50 steps! That is my story and I am sticking to it!

Once you reached the last flight of steps you are greeted by a statue of Our Lady of “Hot Damn I Made It”, the patron saint of fools who walk. She welcomes you to the village of Corniglia! There was an old man sitting on a bench spending his day getting enjoyment from watching tourists sweat after their ascent. Check that off the 1000 places to see and do!

Corniglia is a beautiful town and I hope to return there one day. When you do walk the steps reward yourself with some Sciacchetra!

Enjoy

Attached Files corn2.jpgSteps1.JPGcorn3.jpg

“Every time I open a bottle of wine, it is an amazing trip somewhere!” José Andrés