Just to put a wrap on the visit (have the Christmas spirit I guess), we had an outstanding 5 weeks of weather with only a few non-beach days caused by Nicole and a couple with clouds and nasty winds. Usually nice breezes kept the bugs away. (Spray needed if no wind). The beach is in fine condition considering the damage farther north (last I heard Playalinda is still closed). No sign of the promised improvements at Blind Creek (paving, bathrooms) but that was ok, we always went early so parking was easy and the porta potties were there for (aromatic) servicing if needed. The beach was cleaner than ever, thanks in part to the Treasure Coast Naturists who now provide blue shopping baskets at the entrance for picking up trash. What a good idea! There was quite a lot of junk washed up after Nicole but it was pretty well gone in a few days. I should have taken a photo of one friend carrying out an old tire around his neck! (thanks Mike!). The shells were outstanding, we even found a beautiful conch but it's occupant was still alive so we threw him back in.

There really was only one downer for our month, I caught Covid! I think it was at an optician's where I forgot my mask. Very mild symptoms for only 2-3 days, thanks to boosters and Paxlovid (prescribed via an urgent care in Jensen Beach). Anyway, it's hard to think of a better place to "weather" Covid, it never got in the way other than sitting downwind from friends and missing some dinners out. And keeping the windows open and fans on at the condo. Wifey had had it in the summer and never caught this round.

As a result, we only have a few dining recommendations. From north to south, The Square Grouper was ok, decent variety of sandwiches and nice (mostly outdoors) location right on the Ft. Pierce Inlet; Piehole Pizza was excellent for pizza and the garlic knot tower (!) although a bit pricey and noseeums were bad, even in the breezy screened patio; Shucker's outdoor deck overlooking the beach was great, we went for a mid-afternoon birthday lunch to avoid crowds and all 6 of us had very good meals and service; The Magic Oyster was excellent as always, especially for our seafood lovers. We ate in their outside open-air area (before I tested positive).

That's about it, we're looking forward to another nice long visit to beautiful Blind Creek beach next year.

Chuck and Joni