We are on Virgin Gorda for 4 weeks starting late January. I have 3 different groups coming and going I had thought I was going with a private air charter for four different legs for our groups coming into STT to VIJ. Arrival is around 1:30 for all and I sure hope they aren't checking luggage. But have been told (once I confirmed with passport info and weights) that we are over the weight and need to "graduate" to a bigger plane. This has never happened before but we do have a few "larger" people- ex football players. So that whole thing bit the dust as we really can't afford the cost of the bigger plane. We can only be indulgent so far...... So......

I have looked into Chillout Charters and Ocean Dreams. I looked into Cape Air to EIS but their track record scares me a bit and they definitely weren't cheap. Any thoughts on those would be appreciated. Or others . If I booked a water taxi out of Red Hook I would like to arrange private taxi transport to make things seamless if anyone has suggestions on a reliable driver.

Also- a few of the peeps are coming and going (including me) at different (solo) times. I'd MUCH prefer to fly but as a solo that's insane. What is the best way (time-wise) to see about a shared water taxi? Do people accept others into their group for a fee if you promise to be nice. And fun. pirate I don't want to post it to this site too early but I don't have a feel for how the typical traveler books time-wise.

The taxi to the ferry to Tortola to the ferry to Virgin Gorda is, I'm sure, an option. I haven't mapped out the times yet as my air charter just blew up yesterday. One person of the group has a bum ankle and that's why flying seemed the best option.

I would appreciate any advice or thoughts. I am the type of traveler (especially as the host and organizer) that wants this nailed down ASAP. Thank you in advance

[Linked Image]