It was our pre-covid custom for many years to charter out of CYOA in Charlottte Amalie, head straight up to JVD, clear customs and spend 6 or 7 nights roaming the BVI. Then check back in to the USVI and spend 2 or 3 nights around St. John before heading back to base and trekking back to the Hoosier state. Like Jagmansr suggested, that approach made Anegada essentially undoable, particularly as we generally didn't charter for more than 8 or 9 days. This year, as noted in the trip report I posted a couple days ago, we flew in and out of St. Thomas, ferried over to Tortola with Island Time and chartered with Waypoints out of Nanny Cay. It was an absolutely remarkable trip, especially given that our trip up to Anegada was finally viable. And although I would very gladly repeat the same exact trip (and probably will), I will say that getting shuttled around at the beginning and end of the trip made me nostalgic for flying in to STT on a relatively cheap flight, grabbing a 10 minute taxi ride to Frenchtown, and off to the races. We also really did miss St. John. I suppose we could have done the customs shuffle and gone back and forth, but I just wasn't up to it.

Bottom line: There's a reason we go back year after year after year. Namely, I don't know if there's any such thing as a "bad" itinerary. You just can't go wrong in that wonderful place (on either side of the dotted gray line).

Meanwhile, back here in Indiana, I'm in trouble with my wife. She says I'm in a funk and need to snap back to reality. I think she's right. But I can still long for the next trip, right?