One reason I posed the question of this post is that I expect that next year's sailing trip will be the first time in almost 20 years that my crew will consist of no first-timers. As such, I feel (at last) at liberty to bypass some of the usual must-see's and visit some spots I've always had my eye on. Of course, as cwoody and Husker have observed, there are some places that look great (and probably are), but are off limits to "credit card captains" of my ilk. So it takes some creativity.

Has anybody spent a night on Saba Island on the south side of St. Thomas, just southwest of Water Island? Last year on our return trip from the SVI, we sailed right by it. There's an anchorage on the lee side that looks absolutely idyllic. And I think it's accessible to charter boats (though perhaps Captain Jay will jump my case with a correction). NOTE: I know that's a USVI destination and, thus, perhaps improperly placed on the BVI forum. But let's face it . . . hardly anybody's talking on the USVI forum these days, which I regret.