Hi everyone! First off I want to say how wonderful, thorough and more importantly -kind- everyone is on this forum. So I thank you in advance for the helpful information!

We are "frequent flyers" to the BVIs and have decided to expand our horizons to the stunning Saint Martin island. We have accommodations on the French side near Orient Bay in a couple weeks. We are travelling with our two kids ages 10 and 16. I have a few questions to help us get the lay of the land. (We have a vehicle rented as well.) Any tips would be so appreciated!

1) Quiet beaches where chairs and umbrellas are provided (we would like to be somewhere we could plant ourselves and get food and drinks right there). Our kids are big snorkelers so a beach that they're able to do that is a bonus.

2) Casual restaurant fare, more for dinner- the kids have decent pallets but I fear the more fine dining will be wasted on them lol (Through recommendations I've read on here we've made reservations at L'Atlier for one night but would like something casual as well.)

3) Favourite coffee shop- I've heard that St Martin has incredible coffee and pastry shops. My love language! Is there one that stands out particularly to you?

4) Would you recommend renting chairs and an umbrella for the week for ease? I don't believe our rental provides them.

5) Grocery stores - the one that has the most selection on the French side. In saying that I don't mind going to a few different shops for provisions. I have read that you recommend one gal that delivers food and I'm thinking that might be a nice option for after our check in time.

Any other tips you like sharing I would love to hear smile