There are some differences between La Plage and La Terrasse

Both have recovered post Irma damage. La Plage has more units and is entirely timeshare of which several are rented to the public or guests.
La Terrasse is a mix of individually owned private condos and timeshare. There are 76 units of which 42 are now individually owned. There are a few units still owned by the Maho group. Most of these are rented but in different ways.
La Terrasse is quieter. Both have private pools which are only used by the residents of the building where the pool is located. And they are monitored by the color of towels. Someone mentioned about water aerobics. Only persons staying in La Plage are allowed to participate. I am familiar with management as I am an owner of a unit at La Terrasse. Individual owners of units at La Terrasse can rent to anyone and you can find those on sites like VRBO or Airbnb. By the way, because more than half the units are owned in La Terrasse, some do have ovens and some do not. All units have cooktops and kitchens. My unit does not have an oven but I do have a very large air fryer so you can see it varies per unit.

The restaurant, Tortuga, located at La Plage is open to the public for any meal breakfast lunch and dinner.. the pool bar at La Terrasse, is operated by Jesus daily from 2:30pm to 7pm ish.
If you have a car, La Terrasse has underground parking which you can obtain a pass for $30 a week. Guests at La Plage can also get a parking pass. Both pools are beautiful. Anyone interested in watching Airplanes or crazy people at Maho Beach will get a much better View at La Terrasse.

Both are good options to stay.

Drphilsxm