Scuba: We are not experienced divers. Our biggest problem with another dive shop was they were not diving on a regular basis. We go on vacation for a week and appreciate that Aquamania has two trips a day, every day. As far as where we went? Off the south (Dutch side). Between Phillipsburg and Simpson Bay. I'm not really good with landmarks from the water. We didn't go to the most common places like the airplane and the sunken ship. Somebody pointed out Andre Agassi' place on shore.

Jazzgal: I've never paid even $300 on the island. VRBO has Villa Sonrisa for $500/nite in April and $800 for Christmas week.
Altro was a nice place. The food and service were good. Most places on the French side don't get going until about 8pm. Altro seemed to be winding down by 8. The places that really excite me usually have multiple things on the menu of interest. It is the tough decision to choose. Maybe you can cajole someone else in the party to order your second or third choice just to see what your missing. St Martin has so many great restaurants it is a shame one can't go to all of them.