If a timeshare owner who has been told by the current owner of the property that his right to use space at the property has ended and will be not recognized further, it would seem to me that the possibility of obtaining relief from either the current owner or the person(s) from whom the timeshare owenr acquired the timeshare interest would be (1) contractual; (2) code/statutory; or (3) a combination of 1 and 2. It is impossible for anyone, including a lawyer of any description, to give a worthwhile opinion on the matter without having access to all relevant contracts and having an understanding of any applicable codes and statutes. I have access to neither and I would guess that the only people that have a shot at getting access to both are lawyers who practice in a relevant practice area in Sint Maarten.

Some basic principles that probably apply are (1) no one can tranfer a greater interest in property than they themselves have; (2) there is a difference between knowing something is happening and authorizing it to happen; and (3) loan agreements are extremely unlikely to provide for third party beneficiaries in connection with their covenants and triggers.

If I was involved in this and cared enough about it to think about investing in legal action, I would sit down with a Sint Maarten attorney of good reputation and talk through it. The one thing you never want to do is throw good money after bad.

I wish everyone affected by this the best in whatever they choose to do.