We left BSV yesterday and are now spending a few nights at Flamingo. So no more jetway updates. Our first stay at BSV was wonderful. Almost every day our routine would be to get up have breakfast and shower put the bathing suit on and walk Simpson Bay Beach from one end to the other. This would take 2 to 3 hours collecting sea glass and small colourful shells along the way and eventually ending up at Karakters for three cocktails. We got to know the staff and owners of Karakters and were welcomed every day, all great people, and had a few lunches and dinners there. It got to the point that if we were late starting our walk and got to Karacters a little later than usual the owner would say you're late, we were wondering where you were. lol. Then there would be a little pool time and then go out to dinner or stay home and cook on the grill. My wife has already got one of those Kona cooking mats in her Amazon shopping cart and will place the order when we get home. This daily routine was very relaxing and peaceful and because of that we travelled the island less than other previous trips and we are good with that.
A special shout out to the staff at BSV they are wonderful people. Vickey, Emmanual, and all the housekeeping staff Thank you for making our stay special. We have already contacted Tracey and given her the dates for a month's stay next year. As soon as we hear back from her we will book our flights, which has gone up by $300 compared to this year. My only issue with our stay this year was that the mattress and my bad back didn't get along. Maybe I should have asked Vickey to switch mattresses from the second bedroom.
The view from BSV can't be beat. Our villa at Flamingo for the three nights we are here is on the ground floor on the "A" side which means we are facing a wall and can't even see the sky. I'm going through BSV withdrawal. grin