I've booked a Beneteau 41 for a 14d, end of July, 2015 charter out of Tortola. There will be two couples aboard (two guys, two gals). All of us are fit and still agile but on the well worn side of 70.

I'm fully capable of fulfilling the duties of captain. I'm also capable of single handling this particular boat though I don't want to do that. Having piloting, helming and general safety and engineering responsibilities is quite enough. The three others have varying degrees of boat skills from lots of power boat skills to, I'm here, bring me a beer. All of us have sailed at one time or another. Myself, extensively and I own my own boat now.

This will be my second charter in the BVI; made it through the first with nary a ding on the hull or the keel, fixing anything and everything that failed without a single call to the charter base. Don't need a cook but have thought about it and that skill might be nice but not necessary.

What we need is a young strapping lad (or gal) that can crew. This would include setting the main/head-sail, cranking the winches, picking up mooring balls, setting dock lines and doing the various chores that good crew members do. Noting demeaning; not to be confused with serving our every whim. All of us are pretty self sufficient, kind and would treat said crew like family, splitting up the usual lousy details (e.g., garbage runs) among all five of us. We have a spare cabin as this is a three cabin version. Obviously, this is a paid position for the right person. You're basically going sailing with a group of very nice, interesting people for 2 weeks and getting paid for it.

Thoughts on this? Ideas?