My brother-in-law, the developer, began developing a few timeshares in Florida in the early 90's. While they were still selling units, he called my wife in 1995 to say they had excess inventory and he offered us a free week to go anywhere in the world that had a RCI resort. I had always wanted to go to the Caribbean so I bought a Fodor's book on the Caribbean and began my research. I ended up deciding on St. Maarten because of the following reasons: many beautiful beaches, known for great cuisine, owned by two different countries offering an international flare, and one of the more affluent islands meaning less crime. It also didn't hurt that it was known as the friendly island. So we made our first trip down in July of 1995.....a month and a half before Luis tore through the island. The island was still recovering the next year so we decided to try Aruba. While Aruba was O.K., I realized that I much preferred St. Maarten. So we returned to St. Maarten in 1997 and have been back every year since other than one covid year. We return in August for our 30 plus visit (so many trips I lose count). We have visited Aruba, Jamaica, and the Dominican Republic but it just leaves me wanting to return to St. Maarten. I realize that for the wife and me, it is our happy place. 5 weeks and yes I'm counting.

Attached Files Pic004.JPG107-0737_IMG.JPG107-0746_IMG.JPGPic013.JPG109-0915_IMG.JPG109_0956.JPG109_0953.JPGIMG_1593.JPGIMG_0229.JPGIMG_0368.JPGIMG_0301.JPGIMG_0538.JPG