Antigua

from st john's jolly harbour is 20 mins away if you like beaches. even cruise ship day it is nothing like sxm. the beach is 1 mile long with a few beach bars/restaurants. the sand is creamy white. nearby is a golf course if this is your thing (enough time?) Taxi fare is the same for 1 as for 4 pple.

english harbour and nelson's dockyard is good BUT NOT IN THE CRUISE SHIP CROWD. i saw it with my own eyes once. what a debacle (who wants to follow a babbling sign on a stick). in english harbour, feast your eyes on mega yachts.. the kind with a tugboat carrying suv, etc. Nelson's dockyard is the oldest working georgian dockyard. from the far end of the dockyard, take a quick boat to additional restaurants for your own special moment.

while in this area, scoot up to shirley heights. though best for sunsets, you will see all the way to africa if you squint really hard. i believe you can eat/drink here most days. on the way up you can stop at a lookout towards eric clapton's rehab.

if you still have time, on your way back check out fig tree drive via taxi. liberia's church circa 1700s i think is still open. on your way down you pass zip lining, pineapple and banana plantations, fruit stands, mt obama, etc.

for a quiet meal on the beach, i like Dennis near jolly harbour. of course most rave about Boxer Shack too- further away from jh.

if you need taxi contacts pm me. i have a couple who have been good to me.

in st johns i have stopped at viv richards bar (only open on weekends) and hemmingways bar. also, a bar near the pier, upstairs overlooking the water/parking lot. very near where you walk off. this place won't be busy either.

ST LUCIA

i can't recall where the cruise ships dock but if at all possible check out the pitons. again, not with the crowd but as long as you are out of sink with them (ha you), you will enjoy the area.

i realllllly enjoyed the rhum factory. it was something like 5 bucks/tasting. imagine a long table holding up 20+ rhum varieties/flavours... once you make it allllll the way to the end, you turn around and work your way back. be warned, they are not all smooth. lololol

SXM

have you tried anse marcel? you will be miles away from the carnival scene. it's a lovely quaint spot to rest your toes.

enjoy your travels.

cheers