The Flamenco apartments are all quite rustic, which doesn't necessarily bother us, but if you're accustomed to a more upscale and private experience you may not love them. I think there may be one villa on the eastern side of the bay? Regardless, I agree that a villa or apartment elsewhere on the island may be a better idea, pool or no pool. Flamenco is a big bay and sometimes gets hit with sargassum on the west side by the tanks, which can ruin the fun of a beachfront rental very quickly. It's also fairly busy (but only by Culebra standards--it's not the Jersey Shore, honest!). And if you're sitting on a nice beach, you may just stay there and miss out on many of the other great parts of the island.

We're just a couple and generally stay in apartments/condos pretty much everywhere unless we go with a larger group instead of just the two of us. We're staying above Melones this trip and are incredibly excited because we'll have a huge, panoramic view ranging from Cayo Luis Pena to town and beyond. No pool, but without kids it's not really something we end up using very much when we have one.

I'm happy to report back in a few weeks! Our next trip is coming up very soon and I absolutely cannot wait.

Last edited by Ifeltlikeagringo; 07/20/2023 02:31 PM.