Time can move so slowly but why does it fly on vacation?!
The weather has been a little iffy as in if I don’t bring my umbrella am I gonna be sorry? It was a hazy lazy day with a passing periodic shower with the exception of during dinner when the heavens opened up and poured down on us. For less than ten minutes!! The rain didn’t last long but everything seems to be flooded again.

We’re pretty much Pokey-Moses types these days so we’re content to have a breakfast in now and then. Yesterday and today definitely fell into that category so far this week.
Lunch was a different story both days. On Tuesday we decided to try Pollos Hernanos based on the positive reviews of so many and it was great. For starters, it actual paved and convenient parking which is an island rarity so I’m discovering. The inside was immaculate and the servers were very pleasant and efficient. And then there’s the food. Not fancy fare but simple plain and good eating. John had a chicken wrap plate and I had their chicken satay. These were meant to be lunches but the servings were huge and very good. So much so that we were still stuffed at the dinner hour and decide to pass. And on top of everything else, our check was reasonable for all that goodness.
That’s about it for Tuesday. We posted around, watched a little tv and called it a day. But a pleasantly passed one at that.
Wednesday we were up early and showered eventually, and finally did coffee-and in our villa at Beachside. Had a driver take us into town and return when we wanted to return. It was the best possible way to get in and out of town for us and I’d do it again in a heartbeat if I had business to transact. No dealing with the parking madness and we did exactly what we wanted to do which was meet our longtime friend and favorite island jeweler at the French Touch restaurant, owned by another long time island friend and former owner of Antoine’s By the Sea.
We enjoyed delicious meals and caught up with each other on who had new grand and great grand babies and whose kids were doing what where. It’s great to have friends of such long duration and we lingered over a 2.5 hour lunch playing catch-up. Our driver picked us up within ten minutes of calling him and we were whisked back home to our fortress by the sea.
Planned on a quick trip to the grocery store which turned into an hour plus drive before we got to the Market Garden. Did our shopping in minimal time but upon checking the time we decided it was dinner time so since we were already in the general area we went looking for the Secret Seafood Place. Found it and bumped into Linda Lehman and her companions who were also enjoying this out of the way spot. It s only been open for about five months but trust me, it’s a secret no more. People were coming and going the entire time we were there. We shared a 4.5 # lobster done Thermidor style. It wasn’t the sameas Antoine’s used to be but it was very good nonetheless. The servers were all pleasant and as the owner acknowledged, they’re still working out the kinks. And being hidden away as it is it does seem to already have a following.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."