The day began so perfectly then took a nasty roll and tumble.

Pastries from Zee Best on the beach with a cup of coffee started us off. There was a regatta going on in Simpson Bay featuring all the baby boaters that we had watched practice two days previously at the Yacht Club. They were doing great!

Then we packed up our car and headed for a Saturday of airplane watching at Maho. We settled on the beach in front of Tortuga. They had a few chairs and some umbrellas which was perfect because we had planned on lunching at the restaurant. The waves at Maho were high but we had swum in them before and our first dunk in the ocean was perfect.

Then came our burgers. The server put them both on one little plastic table and I kick myself for not asking for two. He had just gone up the stairs when one plate slid, turned upside down and hit the beach. Tortuga fixed it up for us but the waiter was mad. Trying to put it behind us, we ate, rested and decided to swim again. Unfortunately I got munched in the waves, getting dragged back into the water over and over again ending up battered, bruised and embarrassed. My timing getting out, and I have experience, was off by two seconds and I paid for it dearly. But all limbs are still attached this morning and the only thing bent and broken is my pride.

No pictures of that escapade to share! LOL

Attached Files IMG_2766.jpegIMG_2759.jpegIMG_2762.jpegIMG_2804.jpegIMG_2809.jpeg