This is very concerning for those of us who appreciate White Bay as it was in the past. I acknowledge that White Bay can be a gong show in the best of times and not a destination to visit for seclusion. But it isn't a place where sailors, swimmers and day trippers have had to endure the racket, chaos and danger of banana boats and the like.

We're booked to stay at the revamped Sandcastle Hotel at Soggy this March in a room near the parking lot, which is right next to Gertrude's. Oy! I'm trying to stay positive and am doubtful that if there are ATVs next door, they won't get going while we're sleeping. At the end of the day, I just want people to be safe. I hope no one gets hurt.

The above said, I'm SO happy that the owners of The Soggy Dollar Bar rebuilt the Sandcastle Hotel and will hope for the best. Our stays at the Sandcastle in 2015 and 2017 were magical. Early mornings and evenings on White Bay are pure bliss!

I'll be sure to report here when we're there in March. I'm really hoping that the sky isn't falling on White Bay! XO

Last edited by AquaMusic; 11/28/2023 10:13 PM.