The tipping strategies have gone crazy since the pandemic it seems, and we have always given 20% unless something is really wrong. At a simple Italian restaurant/pizzeria in Miami recently, 2 of us were given the check which had an 18% service charge, and just below the totals, were 3 lines showing how much 18-20-22% of the bill would be, so you could add that on in the empty space provided before totaling it up -> 18 + 22 = 40%?? That's nuts! I felt bad just leaving the 18% service charge, but if they are going to add it for me, I'll just go with the service charge unless there is something extra special.

An odd server situation happened to us at restaurant Roma in November, has anyone come across this? We were eating dinner, during the week, and had a nice woman waiting our table, we joked around a bit with her over the course of the meal, and at the end, she brought the check and asked us to review her by name on TripAdvisor. Ok, I've heard this before, and always say the same thing, I don't write reviews for anyone, they make me uncomfortable. She then pleads with us to do it, I mean really laying it on, then puts a paper on the table, maybe 4 x 4 inches, pre-printed with the TripAdvisor logo and instructions on how to leave a review - thank you from her written on it. I felt put on the spot, and we will not be going back there. The food was just okay, didn't think it was anything special, and I didn't like how that went down. Anybody had this happen?