Funny thing about those davits, I never thought to ask if they, as well as the engine mount, fit the dinghy and motor that were recommended to me for the boat. They Do Not. So you can’t use either. On the positive, the islands of the BVIs are so close, that everyone tows their dinghy behind, and then brings it in close when moored or anchored. And best part for me, I have a push button ignition for the dinghy, her name is Safety Third, and we get a lot of comments about the easy start and the name.

While I bought Steel Away, my brother is her Captain. He loves the Plancha, and now having spent many weeks aboard her, he would be happy to share the quirks we encountered with you. He is not on this site, but you can email him at msgrober@gmail.com.

We had only chartered Beneteaus and that is why we chartered with Waypoints at first, to try the Dufour. Liked the boat and the group at Waypoints BVI, and ended up buying the Dufour 530 and partnering with Waypoints. They are meticulous with the care/maintenance.