Good Morning,
Janis and I are retired now and would like to take 2-3 weeks vacation in the Caribbean. For a number of reasons I keep coming back to St. Martin as the island that meets most of our desires. I have it narrowed down to 2 hotels both on the French side, and I hope someone might be able to offer an opinion on one or both of them. We love the beach, and fine dining. I would love to be able to swim naked and Janis likes to lay out topless so Orient is definitely on the radar. The two places we have narrowed it down to are Bleu Emeraude due to it's proximity to the great restaurants in Grand Case, the fact that it looks like a nice place to stay, and it appears to have a nice beach that would be great for walking. The second place is La Playa on Orient Beach. It would seem to be very close to the nude beach section which is good, walking distance to some nice restaurants, and a great beach to walk on.
The prices for both are in our range. I would like to know if anyone might be able to give some advice that might help us break the tie. I like a calm surf which makes Grand Case seem nice, but I think La Playa has a pool so that would be ok too.
Thanks for any opinions.
Cheers,
Markis