We have stayed in Grand Case quite a few times, but were last here in 2022, a lot has changed in the 2 years since we were gone.

For those who are watching clearing immigration times, seems like a lot of variation. We were the last few off the American plane ( Airbus 319 ) and were the last bus, which was half empty and stopped a few times to avoid a plane and other traffic. By the time we arrived to arrivals , we were in and picked up our luggage in under 10 minutes. Course, 2 large planes landed after us, TMMV.

The first night, Thursday, we ate at Cynthias Talk of the town, shrimp and rice and beans were very good. On our walk there we stopped by La Villa to see if how they were doing. They said business is great and we made reservations for later in the week, they were already booked solid for Friday and Saturday. Further up, we did make reservations at Oceans82 for tonight, and were able to get porch, but not first row. Since Irma, I don't recall ever making reservations. Also noticed a number of new, if to us restaurants. Java is on the water side and seems to have a nice deck, menu is mediterranean , and Korner is also on the water, the menu is attached. Both are at the end closest to Ocean82. At the other end, next to Capt Frenchy's is a new place Tropics - they rented chairs and served food, but they said the kitchen closed at 6 pm. Rainbow is still closed, makes for a much quieter and relaxing time. They are working on the church, looks like roof is progressing quite well. And a new set of kiosks- huts, are on the land side, only a few were open tonight, one selling clothing, one looks like a bar.

Oceans82 was good and then so so. I have linguine with clams - excellent, my wife had the snapper and the potato au gratin- very good. Things went a bit off the rails for dessert. In the past, their pastry chef made some great creations, one was a lemon dessert, in the shape and color and texture of a lemon on the outside, a lemon curd center, and a grahman cracker bottom - divine. The lemon was still on the menu - but clearly a different chef. Appearance from the outside was similar, but inside was mostly bland cream, with a small amount of lemon custard. My wife's creme brule did not have much flavor. Sorry to pick on their dessert, but in the past it had been a real high point. The mains still were good and there was a fair amount of entertainment. Whenever lobster was ordered, the staff would bring out the live lobster for approval. Several diners got the salt encrusted sole, a separate table was rolled out where the fish was removed from the salt and the bones removed and the fish plated.

Walked out of the restaurant a little after 7 and most of the places were packed.

Attached Files 20240215_181844 (Large).jpgKorner (Large).jpgchurch (Large).jpg20240215_163529 (Large).jpgkorner 2 (Large).jpg20240216_184209 (Large).jpglobster (Large).jpgJava (Large).JPG