I learned from TTOL to check cruise schedules when planning what to do. Yesterday and today under 600, Monday will be about 9,000 and Tuesday 18,000, so we decided to go to Orient and Mullet on the light cruise days. Yesterday was Orient - a bit windy , but not bad, a little bit of sargassum, but not bad at all. There are a number of places to rent chairs and get lunch at the far end of the beach - we go to Orange Fever - can't say it is better than the rest, but enjoy the service by JC, and the chairs are quite comfortable. $5 a chair and all the chairs had cushions. Food was very good , I had the ceasar with shrimp my wife had the salad with goat cheese. We also ordered a pizza to go when we were leaving and had that for dinner. Walked down to Mt. Vernon, they did a nice job with the pool, but no poolhouse anymore.

Today we went to Mullet. Yes the chairs are right on top of each other but we lucked out, Chester gave us chairs at the end of the row of his section, which gave us plenty of space on the one side. He also met us in the parking area and guided us to a nice spot. I started talking to him about his business and he laughed and said he worked for Rosies. I told him I thought the chair rental business was his own. He said if you are a good employee, you treat the business as if you own it. What a great attitide.

Water was great, and not very crowded. We got there aound 10:15 and got second row. There were lots of vacant loungers in all the sections. In fact, the loungers in front of Kalatua were all vacant when I walked by at around 11. We ate at Rosies, nothing to write home about.

For dinner, we went to La Villa. Again, the servers are all extremely friendly, JC and the rest are all very attentive. My wiife got the chicken supreme which was extremely good. By quarter to 7, there was not a empty seat in the house, other than the baby highchair. Walked to the other end of Grand Case and again, most places were quite full. The one downside was Java had a DJ and it was ear splitting just walking by, not sure how anyone could enjoy their dinner.

Since tomorrow is a busy cruise day, will probably just stay at Grand Case. BTW, while Rainbow is closed, it sounds like Tropics had been handed the baton - they have their subwoofer at full volume.

Attached Files 20240217_104911.jpg20240217_123921.jpg20240217_111021.jpg20240218_191641.jpg20240217_110436.jpg20240218_124902.jpg
Last edited by barryvabeach; 02/18/2024 08:39 PM.