Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
We haven't been to Bamboo House, but planning on that for next trip. I'm kind of confused about the statement about you only can have a table for two hours if you go for sunset. And the statement that it was kind of a lot of trouble. I'm too lazy to look it up, but what time is sunset now?

On the menu, and I think on the Open Table reservation, it states that you may only have a table for 2 hours if you have an early booking (before 6:30 I think... working off memory here - Sunset was about 6:15-6:20ish) we had at 6:00, they make you vacate the table at 8:00. It stated if you wished to stay and listen to the music (which you pay $5 per person on Wednesday or Thursday night), you'd need to move to the bar area. We were staying in a villa in Les Terres Basses so Maho was so easy. Grand Case worth the effort. It took us longer to navigate across the causeway and through just the edge of Cole Bay than to drive all the way to Grand Case (via Sandy Ground from our place). We took the shuttle (the first one, so there was no sign or indication where to wait for shuttle - luckily we saw a group of ladies, one of which had been there before and knew where to wait). The shuttle driver brought a sign down with him. Not knowing whether we would make the reservation (which they say they will hold for 15 minutes), navigating all the traffic, and really having no idea where to wait once we got to the
Carre Four was just very stressful.

Maybe the bad traffic was due mostly to the regatta, but it seems that area always has quite a bit of traffic. I would still do it once - it's just a one and done spot for us.

Laura