Originally Posted by mahokid
I always respect someone's opinion and I have read enough food critics to be able to judge if maybe the persons reviews are warranted.

We have followed Mario since Sandy Ground where we only didn't like the area.
His two main servers have been with him for decades and have always provided us with first class service.
His food has always been imaginative incorporating more than just the standard main dish but a nice combination.
We love to try his dishes where you get to get to taste more than just one main thing
I would agree his pricing is on the high side but I have always enjoy quality ingredients, properly cooked food and portions on the larger side.

I doubt with the respect I have for Mario that he would ever microwave an onion soup.

I think when guests see high prices they are expecting more than received.
I know I am more critical of when prices are high and in the case of Mario's, I believe he delivers

Unfortunately most unhappy guests seem to voice their dislikes to others and not try to justify the problem when there
If I recall the gratuity may not be added so that is one way and pretty sure Mario is either in the kitchen or most likely at the bar

We have been coming to the island since 2004 and also dined at his old location by the bridge and then at Porto Cupecoy. So it’s not our first rodeo also. His food was very good before and his service was great. That was our past experience. We didn’t worry about his prices back then. What was good deserves the credit. But we had a different experience now. When wife complained to the girl about her food, she said she will let the chief know. Nobody came to our table from the kitchen or even the tall bald guy who was there forever to talk to us and find out what was the problem. We asked the girl when she was coming by if chief said anything and she just shrugged her shoulders..
And yes, we did expect high standards from the place like this. That is why we went there.

"Often Wrong, Never in Doubt"