Yeah kneafseym and sail2wind I certainly see your point - water IS very easy to get in the BVI's. When we have guests I think we'll have to relax those rules.

Part of it is just our style which I'd call extreme seclusion. We can usually stock up on everything we need for at least 10 days and then get away from it all. Part of it is because my wife grew up in Athens and back then water was a scarce commodity at times; "if it's yellow let it mellow, if it's brown flush it down" is her mentality. Part of it is just a game we like to play - like using less air when diving. Finally, part of it is we are sometimes in areas where water is not as readily available or cheap like in the windwards islands on the smaller islands in Greek Cyclades. But really, we don't feel like we're suffering or anything, just trying to maximize our fun time on board and minimize time spent docking and taking on water. Not for everyone but it works for us. As watermakers get more and more popular on charter boats I'm sure we'll come around...

Life involves risks, take some prudent ones (NOT with the BVI ferries)!