I know that you don't have a lot of time, but I'd also consider how your crew may respond to an ambitious start after travel. My wife and youngest daughter need to ease into it, and I've learned this lesson the hard way. If we push too hard early, before they get their sea legs, they feel run down and nauseous for days. For what it is worth, I'd watch the weather and avoid beating into it for too long that first day. Then, I'd ensure that they have some time that afternoon to either float off the back or sit by the pool and relax to recover from traveling. This will make a difference for days 2 to 5!

It seems like you have already come to this conclusion, but there is no way to do everything in this first trip. We had 9 days on our first trip years ago, and I stubbornly tried. However, the "push" took the fun out of it for my wife, and I almost ruined it for her in a way that we wouldn't have had a second trip. Fortunately, I caught on about day 6 or 7 and salvaged enough to come back the next year and do some more things we hadn't tried - and this has continued since 2016.

One more thing, be polite to the dock staff at Moorings and take some $5s, $10s, and $20s to tip (use judgment based on what they do / you need). Tips make a difference for them, so they really appreciate a smile, a thank you, and a $10. This helps them, and in our experience, it will help you get things in order quicker so you can spend more time on the water. Hopefully your captain will handle the coordination of readying the boat, but I wanted to mention this just in case.

Enjoy your trip!