4:55 pm flight from SXM left 10:30 pm

Lesley's wife Shirley was waiting at departures for our car and had wheelchair waiting at 1:30. Always a pleasure doing business with Kenny's Car rental.

Rolled up to Mosaic window at Jet Blue and was told flight delayed. Decided to push on through, up elevator, through TSA and on to gate A1. Waited, announcement flight delay again. We were offered food vouchers $12 each = $24 went to Baccus and purchased one tuna sub, one water $20. Split them with Don.

JB announcement "sorry for the delay, gate now changed A4" clear across the room, gentleman who pushed Don's wheelchair was the son of Marie, one of the maids at BSV. Sweet guy.

Finally boarded plane around 10, i think. About 8 people where allowed to pass the wheelchairs lined up. Of course not only our line but others upset asking what's up. When we were finally allowed to board we passed these people at a table, agents going through their luggage. Don't know what that was all about unless they somehow found a way to bypass TSA? One was a young woman who they made remove her sweatshirt for some reason. There she stood in her bra as we all passed.

Aboard, steward very helpful with getting our carryon into the overhead. Too tired to watch any movie, dozed on and off. Upon arrival JB announced that we please hurry off the plane because customs usually quits at midnight but that JB got a couple of agents to stay late. One guy joked that we may not get thru customs and have to stay. But if we were illegally crossing border we'd get right in plus be given $1000. Visa.

Now JB requested that those who boarded via wheelchair please wait until everyone deplaned. Funny how many/all except Don & I walked off the plane. Being last we expected another end of line at customs but the joke was one them because wheel chair "pusher" brought us direct to customs agents and we saw others with carryon waiting in a group while others still waited for their checked luggage.

Sorry this post is getting long. Called the Hilton Garden Inn shuttle to pick us us. Fortunately I had booked for the return so we didn't have to drive home in the dark. Checked in about 1:15 am, showered , bed. Up at 8:30 am down to get our free hot breakfast before checking out. Drove home with a stop for bread and milk. Unpacked and here I sit typing this post.

Ready to go back again. Great time had despite some complaints.

Last edited by RonDon; 03/24/2024 02:36 PM.